Just wanted to update the status of the CNC build as its has been long overdue.
I purchased most of the material as kits from CNC Router parts and assembled it myself over a 2 month period working full time and over time at my regular job. So far I have been happy with my build and it has been performing well for the past few months. The learning experience I got in the past 6 months has been second to none and well worth it. I took the easy route buying mostly everything from CNC Router Parts and I have been very happy with this over all experience. There were few minor issues along the way, but everything solved rather easily and the support throughout the build was good.
I know they have a video out that makes the overall build much easy to tackle. I wished they had the video or a build WIKI available for reference issues and problem other might have faced during their build when I was building mine.
List of things I purchased for my 4 ft x 8 ft table.
- Standard Leg Kits (Updated Leg Kits available now)
- PRO4896 4' x 8' CNC Router Kit
- 4-Axis Digital Plug and Play NEMA 34 System
- 2.2 kW Plug and Play Spindle / VFD System (Purchased later once I setup the machine on a porter cable router initially)
- Pepperl + Fuchs Proximity Limit Switch Kit
- Triple Edge finder for auto zero
- Plenty of guides and hold downs from both rockler and amazon.
I have also build a vacuum table system to hold down full sized sheets that connects to my dust collection system. I don't use the vacuum alone as its probably may not be sufficient.
Including few pictures I took along the way.
It has been a pleasant journey so far. Thank You for reading this post.